Thursday, September 29, 2011

The News Keeps Getting Better

I got an email out of the blue this morning from a professor who used to teach at my university and who now works and lives in Cambridge. She and her boss have had a look at my application and are trying to help me get my grant, and think that they can swing me an affiliation with the library at Cambridge. Since I'm not matriculating, just doing research, I don't really need an actual professor at Cambridge to oversee my research (Dr. K will be doing that from the US. Skype is a wonderful program!).

Not only that, she thinks that if I get the Fulbright grant, she can find accommodations for me with the Church of England seminary that is attached to Cambridge. They might have extra space!

Things just keep falling into place. Now if it will only fall into place at the State Department!

---

Next up? Review of In Pursuit of Eliza Cynster. It's lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment