Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been a little down, since we're having Thanksgiving just the two of us.  The fam is getting together at Gran's today, but Youngest Brother has put Skype on his computer so we can visit with people.  But we are sitting and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and waiting for Santa to appear.  We were also thrilled to hear Savannah Guthrie say "From Lexington, Kentucky" and ran from our breakfast to the TV to see the Paul Lawrence Dunbar High School band march.  I may have teared up a little bit.  (Of course, I've also teared up at a couple of commercials today, so obviously, my hormones are completely wonked right now.)  (And now I'm tearing up again because a girl from Bullitt County just won the Bob Hope scholarship.)  We had been going to go to the joint Thanksgiving service our church was doing with the synagogue in town, but I'd lost my voice by noon yesterday morning.  It's back this morning, but I'm definitely coming down with some sort of cold.

But I have much to be thankful this year.  Dear Husband and I both have full-time jobs, we are living in a beautiful home, we have three bad cats, and our families are getting together today at home and we know that we will be in their thoughts.  We have a wonderful church family.  DH has brought me an Ale-8, and we're getting ready to watch the National Dog Show.  He's being goofy and happy, and it makes me very happy.  My Papaw Doug used to count his blessings, and I know that trying to do so would be nearly impossible, but it is more than enough.

So Happy Thanksgiving to all.  May yours be as filled with love and happiness as ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment