Monday, June 1, 2015

Summer: Week 2

Church yesterday was a solemn affair.  The church was more full than it usually is--a lot of people showed up, partly for comfort and partly in a show of support for those who are still missing.  This week has been very hard for our church family.  Michelle, her dad Ralph, and the McComb's son, Andrew, were all found this week.  Two more female bodies were recovered Saturday night, and we are waiting on confirmation that they are Sue Carey and Laura McComb.  We are still waiting on news about Michelle's husband Randy, her son Will, and the McComb's daughter, Leighton.

The thing is, we've been working through the Bible in church, using a condensed version of the Bible called The Story.  This week brought us to the fall of Jerusalem, and verses that are not the most comforting in the world.  But Father M reminded us that in the face of such tribulations, God's promise always prevails.  It was a sermon that everyone needed to hear, and I think that by the time the service was over, the church was just a little lighter, a little more hopeful than it was when we had all come in.

We've had a fairly productive week here.   Dear Husband and I have been looking for a house, and we've found a contender.  Nothing is final by any means, though I think the realtor would like for it to be--there is another house that we would like to look at before we make any final decisions, and it's entirely possible that we might end up not getting any of them, and decide to keep looking.  MIL and FIL are going to be here next weekend, so we will take them to look at the houses and get their opinion. 

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep myself occupied.  I still don't do time off well, I've discovered.  I realize I should be savoring this time--this will be the last summer I have without a kiddo underfoot, but still.  It's a bit like last summer--I should have been savoring it, but was spending too much time worrying about whether or not I would have a job come fall.  I've been working on catching up on craft projects, and working on cleaning the house one little bit at a time.  I've gotten one prayer quilt top completed, and one to go, then I need to tie them and bind them.  I also have an afghan I'm working on, and there's a quilt upstairs that I started handquilting that needs finished and found, and there's a cross-stitch project halfway through...I really do have plenty to do!

Little Bit has just been kicking away.  She's kicked her daddy good and hard a couple of times this week, which just fills him with wonder.  I, on the other hand, have been experiencing the stylings of a future martial artist, I think.  She kicked me so hard in church yesterday that I had to duck out to go to the bathroom.

Well, it's time I run out and go to the bank and pay rent and go to the grocery store for some odds and ends that seem to keep getting missed every time someone goes.  Errands ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment